Having trouble getting real estate leads to respond to your emails or even click back to your website? Well, we’ve got you covered! Constructing a great real estate marketing email can be a task, but we’ve compiled a few strategies (besides the obvious) to help you optimize your content and encourage leads to engage with you. Get the best response and click-thru rates by using these email optimization tips.
Use these tricks to optimize your real estate emails:
1. Establish an objective.
Whenever you’re writing an email to a real estate lead (about anything) there should be a clear point made. It’s important to keep your goal in mind as you’re writing, whether you want your lead to respond or visit your website, and make sure there is a consistent flow.
- If you want a response - ask open ended questions. Asking only yes or no questions doesn’t prompt a lead to reply and truly communicate with you.
- If you want more website visits - structure your email around a call-to-action. Add a hyperlink or even a button, so your lead knows where to go.
2. More isn't always better.
According to the Statistic Brain Research Institute, a person’s average attention span is only 8.25 seconds. What does this mean for you? You only have about 8 seconds to convince a lead to take the time to read your email and give the desired response. It isn’t encouraging to open an email and see a novel.
- Break up paragraphs into bullet points or add images if you can. The quicker a lead can read your email, the easier it is for you to capture a leads attention.
- Avoid sending lengthy newsletters too frequently. Sending too many newsletters can increase the chances of your lead unsubscribing or even marking your emails as SPAM.
3. Include a call-to-action.
If the goal of your email is to drive leads to a specific landing page - add a call-to-action. You should make it easy for a lead to access your website or fill out a form. Only including hyperlinks throughout the text can make it difficult for a lead to identify which path they should take.
- Make sure to link to a page that corresponds with the message you’re displaying in your call-to-action.
- For example:
Interested in how Zurple works? Request a free Zurple demo!
(See what I did there?)
4. Create a killer subject line.
You want your lead to open your email, right? According to Salesforce, “33% of email recipients open email based on subject line alone”. Make sure to use an awesome subject line to create urgency. Of course, make sure that it’s relevant to the valuable content in your email body in order to immediately build trust with your lead.
Hubspot notes these subject line tricks for success:
- Use the words “FREE”, “Sale”, “New” or “Video” to boost open rates.
- Use all CAPS to highlight a specific word.
5. Make it mobile friendly.
As technology continues to evolve, so has the way we communicate. More and more people rely on their mobile devices to read and respond to emails. If you can - make your emails mobile friendly. Not only will your lead be able to access your email faster, they are also more likely to respond.
- If you’re including an image in your email, make sure it’s on the smaller size. A larger image can take longer to load and you don’t want to lose your leads attention.
- If a lead is opening and reading emails on their smartphone they probably have at least one social media account. Include social buttons at the footer of your email in order to grow your social reach.
Use these hacks to optimize your emails, encourage responses and convert more real estate leads.
How do you optimize your marketing efforts? Share in the comments below.
Want to Optimize Lead Follow Up Even More? Get the Lead Conversion Playbook.