5 Tips For Reducing Clutter
It doesn't take much time to go from a perfectly organized room to a cluttered, chaotic mess. Papers pile up on surfaces, coats and bags end up on furniture, shoe boxes and shopping bags get stuffed in the first place you can find. But if you're proactive, you can avoid the common clutter traps.
Here are 5 ideas for reducing clutter:
- Have a place for the things you bring into the house each day: Do what you can do to create an easy place to put your outerwear, mail, keys, phone, and the other things you bring home each day. Coat racks, mail holders, and catch-all basket give you an easy, consistent place to put your everyday items.
- Get a basket for once-worn cloths: There are some clothing items that may not need to be washed or put away immediately after one use, like sweaters or denim. These items often end up on the bedroom floor. Instead, put them in a specific basket for items that aren't yet ready for the laundry room.
- Keep kitchen tools off the counter: It's really easy to let items pile up on the kitchen counters, and all that clutter can be frustrating when it's ready to make a meal. To reduce clutter, use wall racks to keep cooking utensils off the counter.
- Designate a no-clutter zone: This one's simple. Simply choose an important surface or space (like a coffe table), clear it of clutter, and focus on keeping that one area totally organized.
- Keep the dining room table set: Not only is a set table pleasant to the eye, but it slaso makes it nearly impossibale for the table to gather clutter. Thanks to the plates and silverware, there's no room for your junk mail.
Want your home to look like a model home? Get rid of the clutter! Want advice on how to get ready to list your home? Call me, Cathy Bradley, at 251-510-9702. I have all the tools to search for the right home for you. Contact me today to get your Mobile, AL home on the market or to find your dream home in Mobile, AL!
If you are interested in the current homes for sale in Mobile, AL click on the link. Our 'For Sale' Property Information is a direct feed from the Gulf Coast MLS and is updated muliple times per day.