Happiness resides where you live!
Before pulling up roots in an area where you have lived for any length of time to explore other areas to relocate, please do the required home work. There's more to it than just falling in love and making that long term commitment.
Once you have made the decision to move, hire a local, experienced real estate agent to help guide you to an informed home buying decision. By being proactive, your geographical transition will be confidently smoother.
Visit potential areas that fit your search criteria and check out the following offerings:
- Weather - Like palm trees or pine trees? Outdoorsy? Take a look at days of sunshine, activities such as skiing, golfing, hiking, biking, mountain climbing, horseback riding, and camping.
- Job Market - How does your profession fit into the local business climate? Think about gainful employment or if in a free spirited occupation, entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Cost of Living - Be sure you can afford utilities, groceries, transportation, child care, health-care and price of goods and services that are required for maintaining an average level standard of living.
- Overall Economic Outlook - Take a look at trends and what drives employment, interest rates, energy, housing and spending. Determine if the area has an attractive business climate.
- Arts and Entertainment Atmosphere - Spending a night on the town pubbing, dancing or catching a performing arts venue to your liking? This may include musical theater, ballet, minor or major sporting events.
- Neighborhoods and Communities - Visit during the day but also at night and weekends. Knock on neighbors doors and ask questions to gleam an honest, realistic view from residents.
And if you find that St. George or the southern Utah area is the place, please contact me at 435.632.9374 or email@example.com. Glad to help with your residential real estate needs because Wanda Can!