Buyers are holiday shopping for your house that isn't for sale.
What does this mean exactly?
Did you know that December and January are the hottest months for Internet home buyer searches?
Seriously, this is the time to have your home on the market. Don't wait til Spring!
As people shop for toys and gifts, they also shop for new homes or investment property.
When it snows, schools, workplaces and roads are closed. The only thing to do is shop online.
So people start dreaming about a new home so they can start fresh in the new year.
Procrastinators wait til May and there will be too much competition for your house to shine for that buyer that is holiday shopping.
Start thinking like a buyer, not a seller.
Here's what to do right now as you read this. Don't wait!
- As you get out the holiday decorations, clean out those closets and sell at consignment or giveaway to Habitat or Goodwill for your charity write-off before Dec. 31.
- Pack up anything you aren't using and pare down any collections.
- Take down family photos and store away.
- Clean like you know company is coming and will look into your cabinets.
- Take out a piece or two of your furniture to look a little empty.
I can do a walk-through with you to give you a checklist on how to prepare your home for the professional photography.
Yes, it pays to have the best photos with great lighting to help your home sell fast. As buyers view your home on the Internet, you want your pictures to be better than the competition.
Since you are listing in December or January, you are already ahead of the pack. Good for you!
Legendary Service For Extraordinary Clients
Buyers Are Holiday Shopping For Your House
That Isnt For Sale