I asked professional stager Jill White with Jill White Home Staging to offer 5 staging tips to help my sellers in Owasso, Oklahoma and the Tulsa and surrounding areas sell their home. Here are her top 5 tips.
After moving 6 times in the last 12 years, I have seen many homes that were in desperate need of staging. With each sell, rental, and purchase, I have gathered tips to showcase a home’s potential. Here are MY top 5 actions steps to a fast sell.
1. Clean your home. Repeat. Clean your home. Vacuum, dust, wipe baseboards, clean windows inside and out, dust window blinds, clean toilets… the list could go on and on here, but you get the gist. And if cleaning isn’t your gig, then hire it done! No shame. The goal is to sell your house!
2. Declutter. NOT re-clutter. (Example: Throw the same junk in different baskets.) Decluttering means throwing things away or putting them in storage. Perhaps there’s even a garage sale in your future!
3. Ditch the dog. Just kidding! I love my pooch and your buyer probably loves hers as well… but please, please put the pup in a crate or outside. No one wants to be scared, attacked, or even worse, step in dog poo! This has seriously happened to me!
4. Place furniture so that there are clear walkways to each area or your home. Your house is not a maze or obstacle course.
5. Take down family photos. This may not seem important, but family pics are distracting, and create ownership.
Well there you have it. Tips to help your home sell faster from professional stager Jill White.
Permission given to Kelley Ward to post photos by Jill White photos which are copywrite protected