In a recent Inman article " The shift toward Independent Brokerage" report the following:
- The are more independent agents than agents working in national franchise companies
- As the agent population grows more of them are deciding to work for independent brokerages vs national franchise companies.
- 97% of all independent agents say they would never consider moving to a national franchise company.
Why the shift to Independent brokerages?
- there are no franchise fees
- less beaurocracy and office politics
- more flexibility to adapt to local markets
- less value joining a national franchise
As an Independent Broker I find this information comforting because as an Independent I tell my clients you do not have to be big to be successful. You just have to rely on your skills and have confidence in yourself and give your clients good service.