One of the top things that sellers are looking for in a REALTOR is a process. This could not be more true! As I compete with almost every listing that I obtain, I can tell you that most agents do not take this seriously. They are ill-prepared and take for granted that their "brokerage" or market share will be enough to secure the listing. But homeowners are sold on the agent as a person, not their company. They are SOLD on your enthuiasm, passion for what you do, and your knowledge. Whether by experience or through mentors, your knowledge is the key.
Here is my process in a nutshell:
1. Pre-listing interview: This takes 10 minutes on the phone. It will assist me in preparing for our consultation in the next week. You will know after this interview what to expect next.
2. Pre-listing packet: This will be mailed or dropped off prior to the initial consultation. There will be a checklist of the items that you will need and an agenda for what we will discuss. There will also be information about me as an agent, my company, market statistics, staging information, etc.
3. We will meet for a one hour consultation in your home. I will take notes as I tour through the home including any questions that you have. Once I have toured the inside and outside of your home, we will sit down to discuss the marketing plan, market statistics (including your current competition, homes that are currently under contract, and homes that have sold in the last 60-90 days that are similar to your home), and finally your questions that you had as I toured through the house. We do not determine the price at this appointment, but we will discuss the price range based on the condition of your home and where you would like the price to be. We will then schedule another appointment to discuss the price specifically in a few days.
4. If you choose to hire me to represent your home, we will meet for another hour. Prior to this appointment, you will receive the property disclosures and utility spreadsheet to complete ahead of time. In this appointment, you will determine the price based on any updates or improvements that you would like to make prior to listing or if you would like to sell your home as it is. We will complete the paperwork and arrange for the professional photography, staging consultation, and anything else that needs to be completed prior to the targeted listing date.
5. You will be provided another checklist regarding how showings and feedback will be handled for your home once listed, the process of the photography, marketing pieces, and internet placement schedule. You will be provided a calendar of the events related to the listing and marketing of your home once finalized including open houses, website placement, and Facebook ads so you will know what to expect. As your home is added to the internet venues, you will be sent links to share with your family and friends. You will also be scheduled to receive notifications through the MLS so that you will know the other homes that are competing with your home as soon as they are on the market, reduce their price, or receive an offer.
No surprises, once you receive an offer and it is accepted and executed, there is a checklist for that too! My job is to make the sale of your home as easy as possible for you and your family. Being prepared for what happens next makes it easier for everyone involved. We are partners in getting your home sold and I want to have the plan in your hands to make that happen!
Call me today if you would like to schedule your free consultation today!