To get the best return on the sale of your home, you need to make your home look its best. Here are 8 great things to help your home sell quickly.
1. Tune up the landscaping. Sellers often overlook it but landscaping might be tone of the most important things, even if owners have kept up the house because that is one of the first things a buyer sees when they drive up. Overgrown and unkept landscaping is a problem and will deter potential buyers. Weed and apply fresh mulch to flower beds , it will give it a fresh and well maintained look for a low cost, trim hedges and remove debris.
2. De-Clutter and De-Personalize your home. Pretend you’re moving out. Take all the things that make your home “your” personal place. Pack them up and put them in storage. Buyers want to visualize your house as being their house and it’s difficult for them to do that with all your personal items marking the area as yours.
3. Clean or paint walls and ceilings, use a neutral color. You don't want potential buyers to only remember your home because of the bright yellow kitchen.
4. Make small fixes such as install new panels on the electrical switches. fix drippy faucets, update the knobs and handles on your cabinets and have broken or cracked windows repaired or replaced
5. Clean all windows and lighting fixtures, replace light bulbs that are out. (use a 75 or 100 watt bulb to offer the most light) The extra lighting will make the home appear larger and more inviting.
6. Pressure wash the home's exterior, driveway, walkway, patio and deck.
7. Carpets show more damage than almost any part of your home. If you have carpet in your house, it’s probably going to be a problem. If the carpets are not stained and are newer, you can get away with simply getting a deep clean. If cleaning will not restore them, you’ll need to replace them or be ready to give an allowance for new carpet.
8. Get rid of any evidence of pets if possible, if not then you have to get rid of the pet odors. Statistically, pet odors are one of the most common reasons for a home to stay on the market for a long time.
Get theses things done and give us a call, we can get your home SOLD too!
South La Home Sales team