50 Smartest Questions
So I just read the book The 7 Powers of Questions, by Dorothy Leads. It's a great lead. My Coach asked me to read, since I am in sales. He always reminds me that:
Telling is Not Selling, Telling is Repelling!
So when I am looking for buyers or sellers or even talking in general, he wants me to use the Questions Based 'selling Techniques'. This is not only for sales per say, but for any conversations that I may have. He is the one who recommended I read the above mentioned book.
I was fascinated by the book and thought of sharing the The 50 Questions with you.
Getting to the Specifics:
- Can you clarify that?
- Can you give me an example of what you mean?
- What specifically do you mean by that?
- Do you have any questions about what I just said?
- What specific results are you looking for?
- What do you plan to do with this information/report/project?
- What is the real problem here? Tuning In - Intellectually and Emotionally Tuning in to others:
- From what standpoint are you asking?
- How do you feel about it?
- How strongly do you feel about it?
- What do you think about it?
- What's most important to you?
- What are your priorities? Tuning in to Yourself
- If I were in (his or her) shoes, how might I be feeling?
- How do I feel about it?
- What do I think about it?
- What is my purpose?
- What assumptions am I making?
- What am I really trying to say with this message?
- What is the best was to phrase this questions? Getting Feedback from Others
- Did I understand you correctly when you said...?
- Did I answer your questions?
- How am I doing?
- Have I done what you requested? Giving Feedback to Others
- What type of feedback would be most helpful to you?
- What do you plan to do with feedback?
- Do you want me to just listen?
- Do you want me to ask questions and interact with you?
- Do you want me to give you advice? Closing
- Are we in agreement?
- Are you ready to go ahead?
- Is it a deal? Consequences
- What if...?
- Is it worth it?
- What will I regret not doing?
- What might the short-term results be?
- What might the long- term results be?
- Can you help me? Personal
- Can I help you?
- Am I where I want to be?
- What do I want to do?
- Where do I want to spend the rest of my life?
- And with whom?
- What are my options?
- What questions should I be asking?
- What do I need to do to meet my goals?
- What am I willing to change to get there?
- What did I accomplish?
- What could I have done better?
- What should I ask?
Source: The & Powers of Questions, by D leeds.
Compliments of Mike Patel Broker Associate dre01146880 First Team Real Estate, Anaheim Hills CA www.Mike Patel.com
714-470-8600 Mike@MikePatel.com Call Me And Consider It Done