This was excerpted from an article I read in "Bottom Line" which I am now going to subscribe to. I thought it was worth sharing since so many of us are taking vacations during these holidays.
- You will most likely get a better rate if you call the hotel directly, rather than the 800 reservation number. Ask to speak to the general manager or direct or sales - these are the people that can negotiate rooms rates.
- If possible, book the room AFTER 6 PM - that's when the hotel will release the no-show reservations that were not secured by a credit card. You can get a real bargain at that time!
- Be sure to tip the housekeeper - EVERY DAY. Speak to him or her & leave a $2 or $3 tip each day. They are the most under appreciated, under paid & over worked staff at the hotel. They will absolutely remember you & chances are you will get better service. If a thief tries to come in the room pretending to be you, the maid will KNOW it's not YOU. (Thieves are being really sneeky now!)
- Forgot your cell phone charger? Ask at the lost & found. Probably someone has left one that you can borrow, and maybe keep.
- Carry a pack of antibacterial wipes, certain things never get cleaned: the phone, the TV remote control, clock radio. You probably should ask for clean blankets upon your arrival too.
HAVE A GREAT VACAY & HAPPY 2016!!