Baby Boomers Embracing the trend of "Aging in Place"
and Planning Ahead
Baby Boomer Customers are embracing the next phase of life, and considering remodeling their homes to support a more independent lifestyle as they age, or will be searching for a new home with the features they need that will allow them the convenience and amenities for a more independent lifestyle.
Some of these features include:
- Accessible Bathrooms
- Wider Doorways
- Maintenance Free Living
- Stair Lifts
- Remodeling to add a Master Bedroom on the 1st Floor
- Touch controlled lamps
- Motion lights in Foyers, Hallways, and Bathrooms
- Curbless, Walk-In Showers
- Lower level storage
- Switches that are reachable from a seated position
- Stability bars
- Slip-resistant flooring
- Remove transitions in flooring
Other boomers are searching for more lively neighborhoods, with walkable places and great restaurants.
Debbie Swanson's article "Help Clients Find a Home For Life" was featured in RealtorMag