In only 10 minutes you can dress up your boring weeknight chicken with a fresh citrus and herb pan sauce! This “No Work” baked chicken recipe is a healthy, clean eating dinner that takes advantage of seasonal ingredients for a nutritious and FAST family meal. Serve it with a glass of pinot noir or another light red wine and enjoy!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or about 8 chicken thighs)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together honey, mustard, and orange juice.
- Place chicken in a large baking dish (about 9-inch by 13-inch) that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with a little bit of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken and toss to make sure that each piece of chicken is well coated. Place citrus slices and sprigs of fresh herbs in the dish (tucked among the chicken).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Be sure to spoon plenty of the delicious pan sauce over the chicken before serving!
Originally posted at: Lafayette Real Estate News