My First Fire

By
Real Estate Agent with Century 21 Alliance Properties

Should I share this?    

 
 
Yes, I did it!  My first fire.
 
While visiting with my grand kids  last night.. Thought I would fix a quick dinner.  Their choice,  chicken nuggets  with mac and cheese. 
 
I noticed a small amount of grease.  Really thought it would be fine  til after dinner.   We placed chicken nuggets on a cookie sheet and started a pan of water on the stove top.   My grand daughter went back outside while the baby and I got his jammies ready.  We were only gone for a couple minuets. 
 
Entering the kitchen I noticed small flames thru the glass door.  Thinking no way, I placed the baby in his chair. 
 
The fire grew!  It grew quickly!  I couldn’t find anything.. I was totally shocked!   Grabbed a bag of flour from her pantry and doused the flames.  Gone.   Great.   Nope,  large  flames shortly flared.  Using more flour... finally the flames were out permanently. 
 
Good thing my grand-daughter did not witness my fire in the oven.  I’m sure all the kids on the block would have been excited.
 
Yes, I had a huge mess to clean after dinner.  
 
In my fortysomething years I’ve never caused a fire in the oven.  
Wonder if my daughter will suggest McDonald's next time?
Posted by

CitiwideAlliance Logo       

                                                                                                

                                                          

 MelissaSellsFW@gmail.com

 

The greatest compliment I can receive is the referral of a friend,

family member, or co-worker!

Citiwide Alliance Realty

                                     

FaceBook Icon Follow Me On Facebook

            

instgram icon Let's Connect!

 

 

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Topic:
Just for Fun
Tags:
kitchen fire
fire in oven
just for fun

Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Rainmaker
140,418
Joan Dickie
Keller Williams Premier Realty - La Crosse, WI
Keller Williams Premier Realty

Thanks for sharing!  If I were in your place, I would suggest McDonalds next time!  

Well, you put out fires all the time at work, you knew what to do at home.

Jan 07, 2016 12:32 PM #1
Rainmaker
37,402
David Jones
BuyersAsk.com - Aliso Viejo, CA
BuyersAsk.com

Thanks for sharing your experience. It makes all of us more aware of what may happen and that we need to be prepared. Hindsight is 20 / 20, but our foresight is not that good at times.   Great post.  Dave

Jan 07, 2016 12:38 PM #2
Ambassador
2,983,211
Tammy Lankford,
Lane Realty Eatonton, GA Lake Sinclair, Milledgeville, 706-485-9668 - Eatonton, GA
Broker GA Lake Sinclair/Eatonton/Milledgeville

Is that your actual photo?  

I never had one in the oven, but I did have a Crisco fire back in the early 80s in a frying pan. I was heating the grease to fry something and got distracted and nearly burned down the apartment house. I believe there were 3 units in that old old house. I slammed a lid on it and ran outside with it.  Burned the crap out of myself and the rug in the hall doing it, but didn't burn down the historical house. Lesson learned though.  Glad yours wasn't worse and sorry about the mess.

Jan 07, 2016 12:39 PM #3
Rainmaker
1,322,468
Ryan Huggins - Thousand Oaks, CA
https://HugginsHomes.com - Thousand Oaks, CA
Residential Real Estate and Investment Properties

It's not cooking until you set off the smoke alarms!  At least that's the saying in my house.  I took down my smoke alarm from the kitchen...

Jan 07, 2016 12:47 PM #4
Rainmaker
3,985,637
William Feela
WHISPERING PINES REALTY - North Branch, MN
Realtor, Whispering Pines Realty 651-674-5999 No.

Glad all ended OK...Flour is the wrong thing as the powder will explode in flames also.

Jan 07, 2016 12:50 PM #5
Ambassador
3,718,141
Patricia Kennedy
RLAH Real Estate - Washington, DC
Home in the Capital

Melissa, I do hope that your first fire is your last one!  And quick thinking!

Jan 07, 2016 12:51 PM #6
Rainmaker
2,346,102
Roger D. Mucci
Shaken...with a Twist 216.633.2092 - Euclid, OH
Lets shake things up at your home today!

It could have been much worse, so glad you were able to put it out quickly.....good thinking.

Jan 07, 2016 09:00 PM #7
Rainmaker
4,486,612
Joan Cox
House to Home, Inc. - Denver Real Estate - 720-231-6373 - Denver, CO
Denver Real Estate - Selling One Home at a Time

Melissa, OH MY goodness, good thing you were able to put it out before it took over your kitchen!    Chicken nuggets at Mickey D's sounds safer! 

Jan 08, 2016 08:03 AM #8
Ambassador
4,325,850
Jeff Dowler, CRS
eXp Realty of California, Inc. - Carlsbad, CA
The Southern California Relocation Dude

That's pretty scary, Melissa - glad it was not worse than it was. Hope the first fire is your last! Be safe

Jeff

Jan 14, 2016 02:08 PM #9
Rainmaker
2,361,290
Joe Petrowsky
Mortgage Consultant, Right Trac Financial Group, Inc. NMLS # 2709 - Manchester, CT
Your Mortgage Consultant for Life

Good morning Melissa. It can be a frightening experience, you were fortunate the way it turned out.

Jan 15, 2016 05:26 PM #10
Rainmaker
2,198,929
Sharon Tara
Sharon Tara Transformations - Portsmouth, NH
New Hampshire Home Stager

How frightening. I've not had the experience and I hope I never do. Hope you never do again either!

Jan 16, 2016 01:42 AM #11
Rainmaker
2,564,973
Rebecca Gaujot, Realtor®
Lewisburg, WV
Lewisburg WV, the go to agent for all real estate

Melissa, I also thought flour was good to use to put out a fire.  At least, it worked for you.

Jan 16, 2016 11:25 AM #12
Rainmaker
1,682,389
Larry Johnston
Broker, Friends & Neighbors Real Estate and Elkhart County Subdivisions, LLC - Elkhart, IN
Broker,Friends & Neighbors Real Estate, Elkhart,IN

Hi Melissa Jackson ,  Have you ever noticed that things like that happen after you leave the room?

Jan 24, 2016 09:48 AM #13
Rainmaker
2,433,214
Evelyn Johnston
Friends & Neighbors Real Estate - Elkhart, IN
The People You Know, Like and Trust!

Smartypant Larry Johnston ...I had a kitchen fire a couple of years ago. Put it out, called Larry to let him know what the smoke smell was from and went out to show homes. I got a whole new kitchen because of it and the worst it did was melt the front of the microwave and some smoke on the side of a cabinet and ceiling.

Jan 25, 2016 10:57 AM #14
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainer
308,078

Melissa Jackson

Helping You Make The Right Move
Ask me a question
*
*
*
*