Open House Tips for the New Year
- January 11, 2016
Thinking about selling a home this year? Here are some Open House tips that could help your property stand out among the competition.
1. Announce dates and times early – Many potential buyers plan to view homes on the weekends and research properties during the week. Get a jump on things by listing your property early and the times available for viewing.
2. Make yourself available – Making your property more available for viewing will increase your chances of selling more quickly. Not all buyers are able to attend the traditional Open House showings but are still very serious buyers. Take phone calls and allow “off hour” showings for a quicker sale.
3. Neat and tidy – A messy home can be a turnoff for many potential buyers. While prospective buyers go into a home keeping in mind they will make it their own, walking through a mess could prevent them from seeing the potential in the property. Clean up and minimize the clutter for a better showing.
4. Make the home comfortable – If it’s cold outside, turn on the heater or cool your home down during the summer. Making your home comfortable is a great way to showcase the property to someone who is hoping to buy it.
5. Be ready to answer questions – Whether you or the Realtor for the property are present, be ready to answer questions about the home, highlight features, and selling points. While much of the logistics will be worked out during the loan process, many buyers want to know what they are getting into before they even put an offer on the home.
Hosting an Open House is a great way to get eyes on your property and increase the chance of a quick sale. Follow these tips above for making your Open House a success!