Whether retiring or relocating for work, Amelia Island is one of the best places to live - no doubt about it! Island living at its best, its relaxed, laid-back lifestyle has something for everyone!
Located just south of the Georgia/Florida border, Amelia Island is located on the east coast just off the coast of Jacksonville and is the southernmost island in the chain of barrier islands along the east coast.
It is a mere 25 minute drive to the Jacksonville airport and 35 minutes to St. Johns Town Center, an open-air shopping center which is home to 150 of the hottest stores, many exclusive in the market, including Dillard’s, Apple, Pottery Barn and Ann Taylor as well as luxury stores such as Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co. and Mayors. As much for dining as it is for shopping restaurants such as The Cheesecake Factory, The Capital Grille, and Cantina Laredo are present.
One does not need to leave the island, however, to find shopping, fine and casual dining, activities and events. We have more than 70 great restaurants right here! Shopping in abudance including Talbot's & Chico's for the larger chains as well as boutiques, antique shops, furniture stores, grocery (Publix & Harris Teeter) and more.
Special events throughout the year include:
- The Amelia Island Chamber Music Festival, featuring Yo-Yo Ma opening the 2016 season on January 16th, Anne Akiko Meyers, world-renowned violinist, appearing January 31st, and many more artists throught the season which runs through May 2nd;
- Amelia Island Restaurant Week, from Jan. 22nd through 31st with 31 restaurants offering prix-fixe menus for lunch & dinner plus special events;
- Amelia Island Book Festival with opening festivities on February 18th and going through the weekend;
- Amelia Island 2016 Concours d'Elegance is coming once again to Amelia Island in March - an event not to be missed!;
- Other events include the Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival at the end of April, Fish To Fork in May, Battle Of The Beach BBQ Invitational in June . . . and did you see my post about "Dickens On Centre", Christmas on Amelia Island?
In addition, we have the local Farmers' Marwket every Saturday morning, the Artrageous Artwalk in downtown Historic Fernandina Beach once a month and so much more.
Our pet-friendly island welcomes your four-legged family members almost everywhere including the beach.
Come for a visit and you will never want to leave!