While you know that you need to present your Santa Rosa home at its finest when you want to sell, it can hurt your feelings just a little to spend money on improvements for someone else to enjoy.
Here are 8 ways you can make your home look more appealing to potential buyers - with purchases you can take along to your next home:
1. Redecorate the bathrooms with new towels, bath rugs, and shower curtains.
2. Add throw pillows to brighten up the living room.
3. Put down a new welcome mat.
4. Add one or two bright colored kitchen accessories – such as a cookie jar, canisters, or a coffee maker.
5. Purchase a silk "tree" for that vacant corner.
6. Choose new lamps for the living room or bedrooms.
7. Add colorful potted plants to greet visitors as they approach your home.
8. Install portable outdoor speakers. Music adds atmosphere to your outdoor living area, and the new speakers that come installed in "rocks," garden pots, or frog statues can move when you do.
While many of the dollars you spend in making your current Santa Rosa home "show-ready" will help you sell faster – and probably for more money – the "improvements" above will be an investment in your future home.
Choose them with an eye toward your future enjoyment. If you need a 2nd set of "eyes", feel free to contact me at 707-481-6492. I am always here to help.