What to do when you lack discipline
1. Forgive yourself. You aren’t perfect. No one is. Recognise that that beating yourself up will only make things worse. It’s better to forgive yourself and simply move on.
2. Focus on motivation. Without motivation, you can’t do anything. Hence maintaining motivation is the key concept here. When things get tough, remind yourself of why you want to do this – for motivation is more powerful than self-discipline.
3. Make it easy. Discipline ...is tough so remove some obstacles. For example, if you’re having a hard time exercising, make it super easy, by only exercising for 5 minutes. If you can do that for 30 days in a row, you’ll have developed an exercise habit!
4. Focus on enjoyment. It’s hard to push yourself — and to have self-discipline — when you hate doing something, or you see it as a drag. So do whatever you can to create a sense of fun. For example, if you don’t like exercise, find some good music, or a workout partner, and focus on that part of the activity.
5. Repeat. You’ll almost inevitably slip up from time to time, no matter how good, and committed, you are. Just get up, get going, and keeping marching straight ahead.