- Do not pack for the home you currently live in ... instead pack for the home yu're going to! Look around your home and decide what you want in each particular room of your new home and pack accordingly. For example ... if you are combining a Family Room and Living Room and only having one Living Space in your new home, then decide what you're going to keep and pack it all together!
- Do not wait until the moving truck arrives to start to make decisions and to start packing. Have it all finished prior to help arriving! You will be able to make better sound decisions during quiet times rather than during chaos!
- Do not try to do it all by yourself! That doesn't just mean the "lifting and hauling" but it also means don't try to do all of the packing, weeding out, organizing etc. all alone. You will get too overwhelmed ... ask for and accept help!
- Plan where your things are going to be placed before you leave your current home so that the movers can place the boxes and furniture appropriately to save you extra work later on.
- Plan the things you will need to move last such as toiletries, cleaning supplies, paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags, coffee maker, few sets of clothing, pet bowls and food just to name a few. These should be the "last on" so they can be "first off" the truck!
Are you LOOKING FOR THE HOME OF YOUR DREAMS? Do you have a HOME TO SELL? The Temple Team can help you with all of your Real Estate Needs. Give us a call at 704-235-3000 and visit our webstie at www.TheTempleTeam.com.