Texaplex refers to the highly populated triangular region in Texas that is outlined by the Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) Metroplex in the north down to the Houston metropolitan area, over to San Antonio and Austin, Texas. When David Winans coined this descriptive term, he also intended that it capture and carry a passionate enthusiasm that would inspire and excite a nation about an incredibly influential region in the great state of Texas.
Few quick facts about DFW:
- DFW International Airport is the 3rd busiest in the world in terms of aircraft movements, 7th busiest in the world in terms of passengers, larger than Manhattan!
- Fastest growing metropolitan area in country - DFW consistently added 300 residents per day for the last 30 years; 145,000 residents in the last year.
- 4th Largest Metro area in the country and the largest in the Texaplex
- No state income tax, no tax on goods in transit
- DFW has the most shopping centers per capita in the nation
- 25 Fortune 500 companies
- 23 Billionaries call the DFW area home, only 3 other cities in the world have more
- Nation's largest inland port
- 90+ hospitals, 100+ Golf courses, 60+ lakes and resevoirs within 100 miles
- More restaurants per capita than New York City
- Forbes ranks it Top 10 cities to buy a home
- Texas motor speedway seats 190,000+ racing fans
- State Fair of Texas is the largest annual state fair in the nation
Source: Texaplex by David Winans
it would be my honor to assist you!
M.S., REALTOR®, CNE, CHMS, e-Pro, SFR
972-689-1697 / firstname.lastname@example.org