Real estate is all about introducing homes to buyers and sellers, and it's important that you use a local brokerage and a local real estate expert. There is nowhere that it is more important to use a local, experienced and professional agent than in a niche market like Door County, which is divided into specific territories (Lake side and Bay side, Northern Door, Sturgeon Bay and Southern Door).
What are the ten best reasons to use ME as
your LOCAL Door County real estate broker?
1. LOCAL MEANS EXCEPTIONAL MARKET KNOWLEDGE. I've represented properties from Nasawaupee to Northport, from Gardner to Gills Rock, from Sturgeon Bay to Sister Bay. I make every attempt to know and show our inventory inside and out to be able to assist in helping a buyer make a personal decision on market conditions for listing, or to find the right area of Door County when they are buying. As an example, over the weekend I started with properties in Southern Door and segued into the middle of the Peninsula to finish in Fish Creek-a round trip showing of over 70 miles with five homes! My buyers decided they would much prefer Northern Door County to Southern Door...but by only looking at MLS data, they could have never determined the difference.
2. I AM A DOOR COUNTY LOCAL AREA AND NEIGHBORHOOD EXPERT. Some people have strong opinions on where they want to be in Door County, or you may start out with no opinion at all. If you like year-round activities and services, I will probably suggest Fish Creek or Sister Bay. Do you love water sports, woods and more privacy? I might suggest the "quiet side" of Baileys Harbor and Jacksonport, or take you farther north into Gills Rock. I have sold homes in all areas of the Door Peninsula, so I can tell you where to shop, eat and what to see and do in each different community.
3. LOCAL SERVICE PROVIDERS MAKE A DIFFERENCE. If you're listing your home with me, chances are I will NOT be recommending an electrician to do some needed electrical work on your home from Green Bay. I have a service list for each community of trusted service providers, including carpenters, plumbers and electricians. If you need someone to care-take or clean your home, I can help you find someone from the community--thus making a difference in "buying local".
4. STAY TRULY LOCAL--SOME DOOR COUNTY OFFICES ARE MANAGED OUT-OF-AREA AND EVEN OUT-OF-STATE. Real estate is a fast-moving industry. If you are listing a property, do you want the comfort that I can make an executive decision with my office on how and where to place your ads, and where to coordinate your marketing efforts? I'm a Broker with The Kellstrom-Ray Agency, which has been locally owned and operated for over 75 years, and we remain on top of cutting edge marketing and sales products at all times--I'm not managed by a company in Illinois or Milwaukee that knows nothing about our local market. Local IS Better.
5. SOCIAL MEDIA STAYS LOCAL. Even on the World Wide Web, with the entire planet at your fingertips, its important to know that while I can and do utilize extensive out-of-area marketing for my listings, I also know the latest information and can post the latest information for our areas of service simply by using social media like Facebook and Twitter. I might even be able to tell you what the special of the evening is at The Wild Tomato if I've checked in on Facebook this morning. If you're listing, my friends, neighbors, and even friends of friends will know about your home for sale--and help spread the word to their spheres of influence, too.
6. LOCAL SCHOOLS, LOCAL CLUBS: I know the strengths of our local schools and can also tell you information on private schooling options in this area. As for clubs, both social and athletic (or artistic, or book-reading, etc.), there is no end to the number of great clubs you and/or your children can join when you become a permanent or part-time resident here.
7. IN A SMALL COMMUNITY, LOCAL INFORMATION IS VITAL. If we're looking at homes on Saturday afternoon and you tell me that you are going to plan a trip for Washington Island on Sunday, I will make sure to tell you to gas up in Sister Bay, because in the quaint town of Ellison Bay the gas station is CLOSED on Sunday (I've had customers thank me for this). Additionally, if we're looking at homes in Ephraim, I will let you know that it is the one "dry" community currently left in the State of Wisconsin (so stock up on beer or wine elsewhere--and as an aside, I have never sold a home in Ephraim that did not have either a wet or dry bar!).
8. I KNOW OUR LOCAL AGENTS. Unlike Brokers that come to work from out of the area, I have a personal relationship with all local offices and agents (and some great referral friends from other areas of the State, too). This means that sometimes a local agent that knows I am looking for a specific type of property will let me know when they have something good coming on the market before it hits the MLS, or if a contract falls apart on a home that you had really hoped to buy. Local agents are my friends, and my office colleagues are my second family.
9. I KNOW OUR LOCAL CODES AND ORDINANCES. Your agent from Green Bay that has only visited Door County likely doesn't know about our septic codes, or our building restrictions. My education and training is constant and vigilant to ensure that my Buyers and Sellers benefit from the correct information on their transactions, and have access to local experts, from surveyors that specialize in waterfront properties to expert septic or well installers.
10. LOCAL MEANS A BETTER TRANSACTION. Every State and Board has their own forms and in-house paperwork that allows for a smooth transaction. I can help you find a local lender, show you my local website that features the entire Door County MLS, and use my knowledge to help you make better decisions in complicated transactions that involve your money and, as in any transaction, risks.
Ten great reasons to use MaryKay Shumway, Broker, ABR/CRS/CTA as your LOCAL Door County Real Estate Broker. To find out more about my Door County real estate sales services, check here. I'd be delighted to help you list and sell your home. Are you a Buyer? To see 20 compelling reasons Buyers choose ME as their Door County Broker, check here. I'm an Accredited Buyer Representative, and I'll help you find the property that is right for your price and circumstances. Contact me today.