2016 is Year of the Monkey according to the Chinese Calendar.
According to Wikipedia; 2016 has these traits:
- Fixed Element/Energy - Metal/Yang
- Hours ruled - 03:00 – 04:59 pm (15:00 – 16:59)
- Positive traits - Intelligent, dignified, optimistic, romantic, sociable, quick-witted, confident, agile, motivator, curious, gregarious
- Negative traits - Egotistical, vain, arrogant, selfish, deceptive, reckless, snobbish, stubborn, suspicious, manipulative, restless
- Health risks - Circulatory and heart troubles, prone to diabetes, arthritis, anxiety and panic issues, obsessive-compulsive disorder, antisocial personality disorder, bipolar disorder, narcissistic personality disorder
Tonight; my neighbours & I are going to a Chinese New Year Celebration at our local Winery The Okanagan Crush Pad. The party starts at 7:30 & goes until late!
Hopefully there will be Lion Dancers there to bless the event.
Always a colourful & noisy experience.
It will bring back all the good memories of when I was in training at Green Dragon Kung fu in Edmonton & all of the years we performed for Chinese New Years at local businesses.
Gung Hey Fat Choi!
Here's to a New Year of Possibilities!