I’m sure you’re familiar with the expression you can attract more flies with honey than vinegar? Well this week we’re putting it to the test. And the winner of this test receives an Apple Watch and 5000 ActiveRain points. Sounds like some pretty sweet honey.
We’re taking it to the streets, on social media that is, to put this saying into practice!
Recently, we published an article on ActiveRain all about turning negative reviews into positive results. Here at BoomTown we’ve ran the gamut with different ways to approach negative reviews and time after time the real estate agents who use honey succeed far more often than those who choose vinegar.
Today’s challenge harps on this exact point. How are you responding to negative reviews online (our most common instances happen on Facebook), and turning them into positive experiences?
Why should I even use a real estate agent when I can FSBO? … This area is awful, don’t buy here! … Why do I have to register on your site? … I’m just going to use another agent if this asks for an email!
We’ve seen them all and want to hear how you are responding to the most common daily online issues and turning them into opportunities!
Share with us your most common, or even the most annoying, objection or complaint you receive online, whether it be on your website, email, or social media, and how you have turned those naysayers around into future clients. The entry with the best response will win an Apple Watch.
● Write an ActiveRain blog post detailing your objection, how you responded, and what the long-term results were. How did they respond? Did they eventually become a client?
● Include a link to this post, announcing the challenge, somewhere in the body of your post. (In order for your fellow Rainers to participate!) Everyone who participates will receive 1000 ActiveRain points. The winner will get 5,000 points for their entry!
● Once you have completed your post, drop a link to your post in the comment section below.
● You will earn an extra 500 points for following BoomTown on Facebook and Twitter and sharing a link to your post. Be sure to use #ARcontest in order to receive your points!
● All posts must be submitted by Monday, Feb. 29th at 11:59PM EST.
● The winner will be chosen the following week!
For more information about social media best practices in real estate, check out the BoomTown Library. Filled with videos, assets, and real life examples, the BoomTown Library is a handy guide on how to thrive in today’s industry. Check out the full spectrum of BoomTown’s social media video lessons here.