Too often, easy dinner recipes are synonymous with bland. Sure, they may be easy to throw together, but the wow factor is missing! Where's the taste?! Are there any "easy" recipes that are worth your time and your taste buds?
Yes, there are, and here's one of them! This juicy grilled chicken shimmering with a honey chipotle glaze will take about 20 minutes to assemble, though it'll taste like you slaved over the stove for hours. It's versatile too; you can serve it with your favorite side of vegetables, over mashed potatoes, rice, quinoa or top a big green salad. Pair it with a Sauvignon Blanc or a Chardonnay.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp chipotle powder, divided (1 Tbsp for sauce & 1 Tbsp for rubbing into chicken)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil, season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder and 1 Tbsp chipotle powder. I like to rub the chicken with a little bit of olive oil because it helps keep all the juices in the chicken and the chicken stays tender & juicy.
- Reduce heat to medium and place chicken in skillet. Do not overcrowd the skillet. Work in batches if necessary. Cook chicken over medium heat for about 5 – 6 minutes on each side.
- While chicken is cooking, mix juice of 1 lime, honey and the other 1 Tbsp chipotle powder.
- Place chicken on a plate and brush with the honey chipotle mixture.
Originally posted at: Lafayette Real Estate News