Real estate is competitive field, and new agents have it tough. Establishing your personal brand in a crowded market takes more than advertising – it takes confidence! How you handle your leads, phone calls and meetings can determine whether someone does business with you.
To help you, we’re sharing some tips we found on Business Insider, and we’re including our own examples!
1. Project calm and confident body language. Make phone calls while standing. Smile! Avoid making calls while multi-tasking. Pay full attention to the person you are speaking with. When meeting with clients, make eye contact and display enthusiasm. During your meeting, ask questions, and be a good listener.
2. Dress for success. You don’t have to spend a fortune. But you do have to find clothing that gives you a stylish, professional image. Tip: clothing rarely fits perfectly off-the-rack. Invest in a good seamstress or tailor.
3. Challenge yourself. Get out of your comfort zone! Challenge yourself to make cold-calls or door-to-door visits each day. Improve your public speaking by joining Toastmasters. Learn to network by attending business mixers. Volunteer for the dunk tank at a charity event.
4. Find a coach or mentor. Find someone who can take you where you want to be. If you don’t have someone in-person to help you, look online for pointers. There are scores of good blogs, good books, call scripts and strategies out there.
5. Refuse to give in to negative thinking. Don’t defeat yourself! You chose this path for a reason; keep your goals in mind, and visualize success. Take positive action every day, (work!) and the results will follow.
6. Encourage others. Show appreciation. Share a kind word. Cultivate genuine empathy. Congratulate others on their achievements. Positive attitudes can be contagious!
7. Pay attention to your online image and professional reputation! Get started by partnering with RealSupport! We have been helping real estate agents since 2001. Our services are fully scalable to your needs and budget!
Copywriting & Marketing Specialist