The 3rd month of the year is an outstanding one
In the Georgian calendar, the calendar that most of the world uses, March is the third month of the year. However, it was the first month and named Martius in the early Roman calendar. Later, the ancient Romans made January to be the first month so March became the third month, which always had 31 days. The name Mars was named after the Roman god of war. In March, the winter ends and spring begins. In the northern h...alf of the world, spring begins in March 19-21, which is the day when the sun is directly over the equator. At this time, the animals end hibernation and begin to show up.
Below are some fun facts about March:
1. The birthstone for March is the aquamarine.
2. The zodiac signs for March are Aries (March 21 - April 19) and Pisces (February 19 - March 20)
3. The birth flower for March is daffodil.
4. American Red Cross Month
5. Fire Prevention Month
6. Women's History Month
7. National Reading Day
8. Saint David's Day
9. World Math's Day - the first Wednesday in March
10. March 1 is the date the Nebraskans celebrate the admission of their state to the union.
11. March 2nd is celebrated by Texas as the anniversary of its independence from Mexico.
12. On March 4, 1681, William Penn was granted Pennsylvania's royal charter.
13. March 25th is celebrated by people in Maryland to commemorate the arrival of the first Maryland colonists in 1634.
14. Purim, a Jewish festival usually occurs in March. It is held on the day corresponding to the 14th day of Adar on the Hebrew calendar.
15. March 8 - International Women's Day
16. March 14 - Pi Day
17. March 19 - Saint Joseph's Day
18. March 22 - World Water Day
19. March 23 - Pakistan Day
20. March 26 - Bangladeshi Independence Day