2015 Manhattan Townhouse Report
Among it's Findings:
- The number of townhouses sold fell by 12% versus 2014
- The value in townhouses continued to rise-up 11% over 2014 to $1,730/sf
- For the first time in 2015, more than half of the townhouses sold traded over $5MM
- The disparity in value per square foot between townhouse and apartments has led to significant interest in the investment potential of townhouses.
- Thanks to their relative affordability and renovation potential, more townhouses sold in Upper Manhattan in 2015 than in any other area.
With fewer than 300 sales in any calendar year, townhouse represent one of the most fascinating niche segments of Manhattan's residential real estate market. This report surveys sales of single-family and multi-residence townhouses throughout the borough.
Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about the Townhouse Report or the Manhattan Townhouse market.