That is one of the most frequent questions I get. Lots of folks want a big garage, and they wonder what is available.
I did my last update a couple of weeks ago on LaneBailey.com. At that time, I highlighted a couple of the properties. Of course there is a little bit of inventory change every day, so I thought I would revisit and see what might be different. One caveat. Because of MLS rules, I can't really promote a listing without written permission of the listing agent and seller. So, instead I will just highlight some in a general way.
- There are currently 142 listings in Gwinnett County that show a 4+ car garage, down from 148 on 4/10.
- The median price (half higher, half lower) is $744,500.
- The high and low prices are unchanged at $8.5m and $129,900.
- The majority of the properties have a four car capacity.
- The most common arrangement is 2 car attached and 2 car detached.
Lets also take a quick look at the distribution before hitting some of the individual properties.
- 10 homes under $200k
- 5 homes from $200k - $300k
- 13 homes from $300k - $400k
- 16 homes from $400k - $500k
- 11 homes from $500k - $600k
- 15 homes from $600k - $700k
- 5 homes from $700k - $800k
- 7 homes from $800k - $900k
- 3 homes from $900k - $1m
- 13 homes from $1m - $1.5m
- 17 homes from $1.5m - $2m
- 15 homes from $2m - $3m
- 6 homes from $3m - $4m
- 7 homes above $4m
I wrote about the very top of the line last time, so let's back down just a little.
Priced just a touch under $7m, we have an incredible manor home built in limestone. It has a 6 car garage as well as 7 bedrooms and 9 full baths and a half bath. Smart Home Systems and technology abound. Spa, gym, wine cellar, bar... Home Theater... All of the cool stuff.
Getting a bit closer to earth for a lot more people, how about a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home with a 4 car garage. It is a possible short sale, and the seller is out. There aren't many pictures in the MLS... just one. It sits on about a half acre, and also has a great room with a fireplace and a sunroom and rac room.
For just under $1.9m, you can get a brick and stone home with golf course frontage at Sugarloaf Country Club. It is still listed as under contruction, but looks to be a magnificent home in a well established luxury community.
Reduced from $499,900 to $450,000, we have a house with a 2 car attached and 2 car detached home in Lawrenceville. Five bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths. It also has a pool and a pool house/guest house. Hardwood floors, whirlpool tub. It looks like a great house.
Our middle home today is priced at $739,900, but armed with a recent appraisal of $825,000. 7 bedrooms, and 5 1/2 baths, with a 4 car garage, this brick and stone home has nature trails behind it and sits on a 1.7 acre lot. It also sits back on a long driveway, 400' from the road.
That gives you an idea of what you can find in Gwinnett County if you are looking for a home with a 4+ car garage. Feel free to call me with any questions.