Mimi Foster has put together a list that all Sellers should agree to and adhere to in order to sell their house for the most money in the shortest period of time.
These 10 commandments should be a part of every Listing Agreement. I would not take even one of them off the list.
Sellers that are serious about selling their home should not hesitate to agree to these terms. It is a wise agent that presents these to the Seller. It is a wise Seller who agrees to them.
Rules to Follow When Your House is on the Market
- Thou shall not turn down a showing.
You usually only get one chance for prospective Buyers to see your home. Take them at every available opportunity.
- Thou shall not let anyone in who knocks on your door.
People will often see a real estate sign and knock on the door asking to see your home. Never let them in. Have them call your agent.
- Thou shall keep your house in showing condition at all times.
Your house is on the market. How you live in your home and how you market your house are totally different. Every day, make your bed, clear countertops, put the toilet seats down, put dishes in the dishwasher, put dirty clothes where they belong. Always be prepared.
- Thou shall have no contact with prospective Buyers or their Realtor.
You will receive an approximate time (a showing window) when your house will be shown. Make sure your home is ready at the beginning of the allotted window, and leave when they show up.
- Thou shall not be present for showings.
It is imperative that you not be present for showings. NOT NEGOTIABLE.
- Thou shall kennel or remove pets for showings.
People are there to see your home, but even those who love animals will be distracted by jumping dogs and loving cats, and many are allergic.
- Thou shall open curtains and turn on lights before a showing.
Most people have no interest in homes that appear gloomy. Brighten it up!
- Thou shall hide all prescription drugs, valuables, firearms.
Make sure they are not visible to people who are viewing your home, and password protect your computer.
- Thou shall keep your home odor free.
No pet smells, no cooking smells, no strong potpourri. Even good smells in large doses are distracting.
- Thou shall take the first offer seriously.
Ninety percent of first offers are the best offers. They are the most motivated. If you don't like the bid, negotiate, but do not discount the first proposal.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you enjoyed reading this post,
CLICK ON THE HOUSE to
SUBSCRIBE to Mimi's Musings
If you are not completely satisfied
you may unsubscribe at any time
and get double your money back!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you would like to search for Homes for Sale in Colorado Springs,
or for any of your other real estate needs,
please contact your Colorado Springs RealtorSelling homes throughout Colorado Springs, Old Colorado City,Manitou Springs and surrounding areas with aSpecialty in Victorian and Vintage Homes in
Downtown Colorado Springs