Photo credit: ktrommler.wordpress.com
Many home owners looking to sell their property may think that they can do just as good as an Agent, maybe even better. What those individuals fail to realize is that Real Estate Agents can provide benefits that the home owner on their own cannot accomplish. Here are 5 reasons why you should consider having an Agent help get your home sold.
1) Homeowners can be easily distracted by their emotions. Because of how long an individual has lived in the home and the many memories that they may have, when it comes to selling their judgment may become clouded. Individuals tend to have difficulty finding issues with their home thus overpricing the property. Also when faced with constant rejection, (which is likely to occur) and negative feedback, home owners tend to feel discouraged and may even change their mind. An agent on the other hand can turn rejection into positive feedback, saving the owner from despair.
2) Real Estate Agents work fulltime. While homeowners may have their own job and other responsibilities that may slow down the home selling process, it is an Agents job to work on getting your home sold. Between meetings, work and other errands scheduling viewings for prospects can be a hassle, and after work individuals may be too tired to have anything done. In addition, there may be many prospects interested in viewing that may not be serious about buying. This can be a complete waste of time, but agents on the other hand after years of experience are able to differentiate a serious buyer from one who is just looking.
3) Real Estate Agents are more skilled at networking and marketing properties. While there are sites available such as Craigslist where home owners can upload their property it may not be as effective as an actual Real Estate website. Listings uploaded by Agents generally have a greater traffic coming in than home owners selling their own home. An agency is also able to constantly market the property and keep track of individuals who demonstrate interest while this may be too much for the home owner alone to handle.
4) Real Estate Agents already have individuals who may be interested in the property. Working at a Real Estate Agency there are instances where prospective buyers make inquiries for specific properties that the agent may not have listed. A record of their interest is kept to match them with any new listing matching their requirements.
5) There are a lot of paperwork and transactions that have to be done during the selling process. Learning all of this is enough to cause a burden too great for the home owner to bear. Real Estate Agents already have knowledge of the legal work to be done which can safeguard home owners from making avoidable mistakes and potential law suits.