This chicken au champagne is going to blow your mind! The flavors are absolutely amazing. Even if you're not crazy about champagne, when combined with chicken and tarragon, il est magnifique! Impressive, elegant, delicious, and simple to prepare, this is a restaurant quality meal that will surely impress dinner guests.
Serve with a side of brown rice and French green beans. Be generous with the bubbly both in the dish and in your glass.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 organic chicken breasts or thighs, skin on, bone in
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 cup Champagne
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh tarragon
- fresh lemon juice to garnish
- preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet and sear for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken and place on a plate.
- Remove pan from heat and add shallots. Heat and stir for 1 minute.
- Add champagne and scrape bottom of pan to remove all of the cooked bits.
- Place chicken back in the pan, baste with champagne sauce, and place in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Heat butter in a large non-stick pan. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and add sauteed mushrooms. Stir in the tarragon and drizzle with lemon juice.
Originally posted at: Lafayette Real Estate News