There's No 'I' in Mortgage
I have a confession ...
I am a "Sportsaholic". Anyone that knows me knows that to be true. Especially my wife.
Name the sport. I probably watch it or follow the outcome of its competition/games. Football, golf, baseball, basketball, hockey, bull riding, tennis, more ... all of them pretty much at all levels. Local kids teams to professional.
It probably comes as no surprise then, that I've caught a few of the NHL Stanley Cup playoff games played over the last couple of weeks. Okay .. admittedly more than a few ... and that number even though my beloved Chicago Blackhawks aren't involved this year.
While I've watched those games, it's become obvious to me that the old saying, "There's no 'I' in Team" is true. The teams that have played the most cohesively as a group have won their games.
It's also hit me that much the same could be said of mortgages ... "There's no 'I' in Mortgage". Because in today's mortgage lending, there's simply no one person that can originate a loan from start to finish without the help of a "team" of people.
As an Example: In the typical Illinois/Chicagoland transaction, there are many people (occupations/team members) that normally take part in the facilitation of a mortgage transaction. Those are:
- Mortgage Originator
- Realtor (or Builder)
- Home Inspector
- Title Company (Company & Agent)
- Loan Opener (Orders Appraisal, Verifications, Moves File to Mortgage Processing Department)
- Loan Processor (Collects, Reviews Data & Submits loan files to Underwriting)
- Appraiser/Appraisal Management Company
- Management Company/Homeowners/ Association (if transaction applies)
- Underwriter (Reviews & Approves File)
- Loan Closer (Prepares Documents/Funds)
- Title Company Closer (Coordinates Buyer/Seller Documents)
- Homeowners Insurance Agent
- Mortgage Insurance Company (if applicable)
Teamwork between all of the above is ESSENTIAL to the fluidness and success of the transaction ...
If even one of the people mentioned above doesn't complete their portion or task within the processing of the transaction ... or doesn't perform it in a timely, thorough manner ... the deal can derail. Get off-track. Temporarily or permanently.
This speaks to the importance of this fact for Buyers and Sellers ...
Taking the time and making the effort to find and select their transactions' "Team" members can't be overstated. The choices made can have a huge impact on their transaction's outcome.
No matter the sport or endeavor, the ability and talent to work as a "team" is typically very important. That is definitely true in today's mortgage financing.
There's no 'I' in Mortgage ...
* Looking to Buy or Refinance a home or buy an Investment property in the New Lenox - Will County - Chicagoland/IL & WI area?
Contact me today! I'll put my 40 years of mortgage expertise and experience hard to work on your behalf.
I can be easily found at:
Mortgage Originator - NMLS #216987 - IL Lic. #031.0006220 - WI Licensed
American Portfolio Mortgage Corp.