This is an excellent post by a newbie to the ActiveRain community and really hits home that we are what we think we are. Please check it out and support my fellow Lender, John Lemos, even if he is 2500 miles away in California.
Our self-image, that picture we hold of ourselves in our minds, is the platform from which all our actions ﬂow. Each action, feeling, and behavior cannot help but be consistent with this image on our internal mirrors. To change our results, we must change the negative blueprint we have created over time.
Start Day Dreaming
I have learned that without dreams, we’re dead, or at least we’re in the process of dying. You and I can be, have, or do anything we want if we will dream it, see it before we have it, and pursue our goal with a never-say-die attitude.
Anything we want in life has to be seen before it can be attained. Then, equally important, I learned that we must feed our beliefs until they become reality. This process is called dreamation—the art of attaining maximum motivation by living as if our dreams have already come true.
The key element that keeps dreamation alive is the power of afﬁrmations. I’m sure afﬁrmations are not new to you, but since it’s so easy to forget their power, let’s look at them once again:
The Five Keys To Powerful Affirmations
1. Personal: They must begin with the personal pronoun I. (For example, “I am earning . . . I am having a relationship with . . . I am enjoying living in a three-thousand-square-foot home at . . .”)
2. Positive: They must be articulated as something you have already received, not something you are trying to get rid of. (The latter negative language goes immediately to your subconscious.)
3. Present tense: They must be stated as if they are already achieved.
4. Emotional and beneﬁts driven: They must trigger your emotions.
5. Non-comparative: They must be what you want for you to be your best, not what you feel you must do to be better than someone else.
We must build and modify our self-image through encouraging self-talk—those words and pictures that trigger the positive images to give us the power to move in the right direction. Over time, these new directions lead us to feel better about ourselves, enhance our character, and release within us the power to be our best!