Sauk County Wisconsin, History, Recreation, and Wisconsin's Pioneer Forester
The beautiful sites in this county have attracted people for thousands of years.
From the original residents for whom it is named, to the loggers who floated logs and lumber down the Wisconsin River through the famous Wisconsin Dells.
Then Aldo Leopold who wrote his Sand County Almanac here.
People still flock to this area from around the world for the many beautiful sites including the Dells, State Parks, Wildlife Areas, and so much more.
When Aldo Leopold wrote 'A Sand County Almanac' he was sitting on his sandy tree farm along the Wisconsin River in Northeast Sauk County, not much has changed here, with miles of Pines, Oaks and other forests all growing on this beautiful and powerful river.
At the North edge of Sauk County we find the world famous recreation capital of Wisconsin Dells, a place for the kids to play while the adults enjoy the solitude of this woodland paradise.
Our clients at Woodland Management Service enjoy this area and its many Oaks which are important for timber and producing some fantastic wildlife habitat that attracts plentiful Grouse, Bear, Deer and Turkeys.
Sauk County is home to nearly 200 thousand acres of forest land.
Most of this forest land is Oak and Hickory with 126 thousand acres of Oak forests which provide premium deer and turkey habitat and income for the forest landowners.
If you are interested in purchasing land in Sauk County or if you already own some and would like to learn more about how to improve this land, give me a call, our Foresters and Wildlife Specialists can help.
A few other articles to check out.
- Click here to learn more
What is a Forester & Why do I Need a Forester?
Buying and Selling Forest Land
- Top 10 List for Selling Your Forestland at a Premium Price.
- What Is My Tree Worth? Q&A#3
- Forestland Evaluations, dont Buy or Sell Forestland without one.
- FAQ - How important is Access When Selling Hunting and Recreational Land?
Managing the Forest
- Your Forest May Need a Little Help
- FAQ Is leaving my woodland alone best for Wildlife & Forest Health?
- FAQ How do I create a Wildlife Paradise on my Property?
- FAQ How do I Encourage More Wildlife on My Land?
- FAQ What is Hygrading and why is it so Bad??
- FAQ I Have Recently Purchased/Inherited Some Forest Land. What's Next?
- Need a Break on your Forestland Taxes?
- Why Should I Hire A Forester To Sell My Timber? Q&A#4
- Do I need to have a Clear Cut on my property? Q&A#3
- Spring and Summer Danger, Oak Wilt can kill your most valuable trees
- Hunters are Looking to Lease Your Forestland
- Woodland Management Service
- Morgue files