- Consider getting a professional home inspection to see if any repairs are needed.
- Hold a yard sale. Sell, donate or trash anything you don’t need. Click here for some great tips to make your yard sale a success.
- Rent a storage unit for anything you won’t need until after the move: out-of-season clothing, decorations, papers, books, equipment, toys, furniture, garage items, etc. Some companies, like PODS, will even bring the unit to you, and return it when you’re ready to move!
- Clean hardwood floors, scrub tile in kitchen and baths.
- Steam clean carpets and drapes.
- Repair cracks and holes in the walls.
- Paint interior walls with neutral colors.
- Remove excess and oversized furniture, and rearrange furniture to maximize space.
- Stash away as many small appliances, toys, magazines and pet items as possible.
- Store family photos, collectibles, etc.
- Remove rugs to show off hardwood floors.
- Organize closets and store out-of-season clothes.
- Replace/repair outlet plates, light fixtures, door knobs, vent covers.
- Clean the fireplace.
- Clear the countertops.
- Replace outdated hardware.
- Clean and organize pantry, cabinets and drawers.
- Replace worn rugs and pillows.
- Purchase new drip plans for electric burners. Wash or replace removable knobs on stove.
Maximize Curb Appeal
- Paint the home’s exterior or touch up.
- Update house number and welcome mat, if needed.
- Power wash the siding and windows.
- Repair cracks in the driveway and sidewalks.
- Mow, water and fertilize the lawn.
- Trim shrubs and trees and rake the leaves.
- Store any toys or equipment in the yard.
- Clean up pet droppings.
- Clean the gutters and downspouts.
- Repair broken windows, shutters, screens.
- Replace or repair doorknobs, doorbell and outside light fixtures
- Plant colorful flowers and shrubs.
Click here to reach ProStead Realty to get your house ready to sell ... we are there for you, every step of the way!