San Diego Real Estate Seller-Useful Stats!
Just a little bit of important information about the home selling climate and those involved is not what was expected. If you are currently or thinking about selling your home soon, you may find these numbers helpful to sell your home fast and for the highest dollar amount. Be careful becausae there are several pitfalls many sellers fall into and actually leave money on the table thereby not maximizing their profit. Source, NAR-Field Guide to Quick Real Estate Statistics. Grab a cup of coffee and read on!
1. There are approximately 115 million occupied housing units in the United States
2. The typical home owner is 55 years old, and has lived in the current home for 14 years.
3. 4,940,000 existing homes were sold in 2014, according to data from the National Association of REALTORS®.
1. 58% percent of REALTORS® are licensed as sales agents, and 80% of members specialize in residential brokerage.
2. The typical REALTOR® is a 57 year old.
3. This one shocked me, very much because its needed, alot, 27% of agents and 21% of brokers spent between $501 - $2,000 on technology in the last 12 months.
Home Buyer Statistics
1. Median age of first-time buyers: 31
2. Median household income of first-time buyers: $69,400
3. Median age of repeat buyers: 53
4. Median household income of repeat buyers: $98,700
5. 87% of buyers purchased their home through a real estate agent or broker—a share that has steadily increased from 69 percent in 2001.
6. 78% of home buyers surveyed in NAR’s 2013 Community Preference Survey responded that neighborhood quality is more important than the size of the home. 57% would forego a home with a larger yard in favor of a shorter commute.
Home Seller Statistics
1. The typical home seller in 2013 was 54 years of age, had a median household income of $104,100, and lived in their home for 9 years.
2. 89% of sellers were assisted by a real estate agent when selling their home.
3. Recent sellers typically sold their homes for 98% of the listing price.
For Sale By Owner (FSBO) Statistics
• FSBOs accounted for 8% of home sales in 2014. The typical FSBO home sold for $210,000 compared to $249,000 for agent-assisted home sales.
• FSBO methods used to market home: • Yard sign: 42%
• Friends, relatives, or neighbors: 32%
• Online classified advertisements: 14%
• Open house: 14%
• For-sale-by-owner websites: 15%
• Social networking websites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.): 15%
• Multiple Listing Service (MLS) website: 10%
• Print newspaper advertisement: 3%
• Direct mail (flyers, postcards, etc.): 3%
• Video: 2%
• Other: 1%
• None: Did not actively market home: 25%
Real Estate Services and area expert, 50 year local with exceptional sales knowledge and tech services combined with personal interactions to achieve my clients desired outcome. Call me to set up a free consultation and find out how you can benefit and receive value for your business.