What's My Lebanon Ohio Home Worth? March 2016
Spring is here and other than the occasional stubborn snowflake that just wants to hang around, it's obvious that we're heading towards more pleasant weather. Flowers are blooming and trees are budding. And with those signs USUALLY comes an increase in Lebanon Ohio home sales. And you know what? We're seeing a pick up for sure! We have a Lebanon home under contract in Shaker Run and recently listed a home in Point View and have a new listing coming on the market tomorrow in Trails of Shaker Run. The market is picking up and we think you'll like the stats in our report. Stick with us for the details and the context of the Lebanon housing market.
We offer links at the bottom of the post to search Cincinnati MLS listed Lebanon Ohio homes for sale, and if you want specifics for What Is My Lebanon Ohio Home Worth?, please click that link and fill out the form. We'll get back to you shortly with the latest info that applies to YOUR home!
All data is derived from the Cincinnati MLS system. If any Lebanon single family homes homes traded hands without a REALTOR® involved, then it won't be reflected in this report. All data is for the Lebanon School District area, so is not limited solely to Lebanon city limits.
Some reasons why Lebanon Ohio is a great place to live:
- Named one of Ohio magazine's Top 5 Hometowns for 2012
- HUGE YMCA
- Ready access to Cincinnati and Dayton
- A cool historic downtown area
- Host to an abundance of festivals throughout the year
- The cost of living in Lebanon is more affordable than some other Warren County communities
- A full range of housing price points, from below 100k to some estate homes under a million dollars.
- There is still new construction available, but you can pick any age from historic to brand new.
Countryside, a pool community of Lebanon Ohio
So on to the review, first up, completed sales!
Next is the Lebanon median price summary chart.
Lebanon 45036 Single Family Home Category Data Summary
Homes Sold: 44 (3 Bank/Government Owned, 1 Short Sale) UP 26
Average Price: $201,215 UP $11k
Median Price: $184,200 UP $8k
Days on Market Average: 87 DOWN 21 (Median 43 days)
Homes Active 4/6/16: 129 UP 10
Homes Pending 4/6/16: 58 DOWN 11
Sales/List %: 97.9% DOWN .7%
Most Expensive Home Sold: $372,482
Least Expensive Home Sold: $80,000
So what are the key takeaways from this month's numbers?
- What's not to like?? For the third month in a row the median price for the month was higher than any year since 2010. The number of homes sold was the best for a March too! There's finally a slight increase in available homes too! The only number that seemed to go in the wrong direction was the number under contract, but even that number is still strong.
- Time to sell decreased on average to just under 3 months. However, 1/2 the homes still go under contract in less than 6 weeks. Those sellers who get their home ready and get the price right from the start can still have a quick sale.
- Distressed properties remain insignificant. Just 4 of the 44 homes sold were foreclosed or short sales, and of the 129 on the market, just 5 foreclosures and no short sales.
So what does this mean to you as a Lebanon single family home owner?
Homes for sale are still in SHORT supply. Buyers are anxious for something new to look at and buy. We strongly recommend getting the jump on your competition and getting on the market sooner rather than later. Give us a call and we can meet and determine what is best for your personal circumstances.
You're not going up against significant new construction in MOST communities, but places like Shaker Run and Trails of Shaker Run new construction do challenge your ability to sell.
And if you're not quite ready to enter the market, it's the PERFECT time to meet with us and get your To Do list ready to have your home optimally ready for when you ARE ready to sell your home!
For an evaluation of your specific home's marketability, please contact us 513-520-5305.
So what does this mean to you as a potential Lebanon home buyer?
Act fast if you see a home you like!! Inventory is still low and while you might look at time on the market and think you have plenty of time, other buyers are out there too and might like the same house you do. Watch for new homes for sale that fit your needs and ACT quickly. .
The selection of foreclosed/short sale homes is minimal, so don't count on finding one to buy, much less one in good condition.
When you're considering buying a Lebanon home, please contact us 513-520-5305 or Liz@LizSpear.com with your needs and we'll help you find the right community for you! You can use the links below to review Cincinnati MLS homes listed in Lebanon for each of three price bands.
Search Lebanon Ohio 45036 Homes For Sale $400,000 and Up
Serving Lebanon's home buyers and sellers,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Recent Market Reports: