One bedroom properties for sale at Honua Kai have been of the strongest draws as they represent the entry level of the market and are consistent rental performers. Looking for today's best buy? Look no further than Konea #344.
The Honua Kai Resort and Spa on the golden sandy shores of Ka'anapali North Beach.
Short Honua Kai History
Prices across the board at The Honua Kai Resort and Spa in Ka'anapali Maui have seen a steady rise in the last 4 years, certainly outpacing the appreciation trends of the general Maui market. Much of this stems from the fact that when the developer cut prices in both 2011 and 2013, market conditions were quite soft and they were adamant about liquidating inventory- they grossly undersold the property, hindisght is 20/20.
The Hokulani tower was completed in 2008 and the Konea tower in 2009, making Honua Kai the newest whole ownership beachfront resort in all of West Maui. Vacation rental properties at Honua Kai are extremely popular and the subsequent rental income derived by these properties has strongly influenced the rising real estate values.
The Konea Pool at the Honua Kai Resort in Ka'anapali.
The Honua Kai market has been very hot as of late as the best deals are generally going under contract very quickly. I’d like to bring your attention to Konea #344, a larger one bedroom/one bath unit of 780 sq.ft. with a really nice ocean view priced to sell at $836,000.
Video Tour of Konea #344
I apologize as I took this video during the early afternoon when the lighting conditions and contrast between water and sky were not the most crisp. Visit all of Maui Real Estate videos here on my YouTube Channel- The Hawaii Realtor
What to love about Konea #344 at Honua Kai?
- This particular unit is the largest one bedroom floor plan at Honua Kai with 780 sq.ft. of interior living area and a 140 sq.ft. lanai. I also really like the fact that you can see the ocean view directly from the window in the master bedroom, which is not common for many of these one bedroom units.
- The ocean view on this property is very nice and will likely only get better looking directly ahead towards the white sandy beach that fronts Honua Kai and above the monkeypod tree canopy to the North of the resort through the two buildings at the Mahana and the Ka’anapali Beach Club.
- Private and quiet location with sun protection- Honua Kai is a very busy resort throughout the majority of the year. This property is located on the north side of the Honua Kai tower which does give it protection from the sun and very little passerby traffic.
- Solid rental income – Just about all of the units at Honua Kai are performing extremely well as vacation rentals. There are many properties at Honua Kai that will come very close to breaking even with a 25-30% down loan at current lending rates, current operating costs, and current income levels from a property management standpoint. Honua Kai properties represent some of the strongest ROI figures in the entire state ranging from 4-6% depending on the particulars. Based on what I have seen on comparable top performing properties, I would anticipate this property to gross somewhere between $80-$90k in annual gross income. For a detailed analysis please reach out to me.
- Priced to sell- My firm and I just represented the buyer and seller on the most recent one bedroom sale at Honua Kai. We sold Konea #710 a partial ocean view/panoramic mountain view one bedroom unit of 730 sq.ft. a couple months ago for $875K. This property is located on the other side (south side) of the Konea tower meaning that it does get a lot more sunshine and just has a very different feel looking at the Hokulani tower, the ocean, the island of Lanai, and the verdant slopes of the West Maui Mountains.
The ocean and Lanai island view from the covered deck at Konea #710.
The Inside Track at Honua Kai
I am here to assist you in anyway that I can. I have represented 21 buyer/sellers at Honua Kai since 2011. I am an owner at Honua Kai, have run my own vacation rental program at this resort, and am now the Head of Accounts for Maui Resort Realty which has over 50 top performing vacation rental properties at Honua Kai. Please visit my blog entirely dedicate to Honua Kai that I have been writing since 2011 www.HonuaKaiBlog.com
Aloha from Maui,
Jeremy Stice REALTOR (Broker #21286) Maui, Hawaii
Top 100 Realtor recipient in State of Hawaii 2014 & Top 50 in '15
10 Halawai Dr. Suite #A-3 Lahaina 96761
Maui Resort Realty lives in Lahaina, Maui Hawaii