A new hot listing comes to market at the Whaler in Ka'anapali, Maui- unit #201 a direct oceanfront one bedroom/two bath residence that was very tastefully remodeled in 2007. This particular unit sits on the inner courtyard, more specifically on the south corner of the North Tower (closest to Black Rock). The view is outstanding, the remodel is warm and a natural fit for the location, and the second floor location is perfect for those who want the feel of a ground floor unit but with the added security of the second floor.
The sellers of this property just reduced the price by $80,000 a few days ago.
1bd./2ba. 941 Sq.Ft. Living Area 408 Sq.Ft. Covered Lanai $1,895,000 M
A pano shot of the view from Whaler #201- beach frontage, Lanai island to the south, Molokai island and Black rock to the north, seasonal humpback whale watching prime seats, and year rounds sunsets.
Ka'anapali Beach- where the world comes to play!
A shot of the northern portion of Ka’anapali Beach looking towards the famed “Black Rock” from a previous listing of mine on the north end of the North Tower at the Whaler.
Since its completion in 1974, The Whaler at Ka'anapali is almost as iconic as its location itself, Ka'anapali Beach. It's been a while since I've written about the Whaler and Ka'anapali Beach, that's about to change. Here is a post I wrote back in 2014 about Ka'anapali Beach being a worldclass destination in West Maui.
Immaculate grounds at the Whaler
A short video I shot of the inner courtyard at the Whaler the other day- unit #201 overlooks this beautiful setting.
Whaler #201 Highlights
Newer stainless appliances, elegant granite slabs, soffited ceilings with custom lighting, and stunning Koa cabinetry are all beautifully accentuated by the stunning views abound.
Notice the attention to detail in this handsomely refined remodel including Koa trim and Koa doorways.
What I love about this property and the Whaler itself
- This property is located on the south side of the North tower at the Whaler- it is sheltered from the prevailing trade winds and is not exposed to the restaurant atmosphere at Whaler's Village which can contribute to some noise and olfactory displeasure at times.
- The Whaler has gone through a substantial rennovation almost to the point of a complete rennaisance in that it feels pretty much like an entirely new property. These upgrades will continue with the upcoming overhaul of the lobby and replacement of all exterior entryway doors for every residence in the building.
- HOA fees have already been reduced two different times this year with one more reduction set to be implemented later this year.
- The second floor location feels like the ground floor but has the added security and privacy. This property is great for people watching.
- There is a huge 400+ sq.ft. wrap around lanai connecting the inner courtyard side with the oceanfront side.
The inner courtyard portion of the large covered lanai at Whaler #201.
Call the Whaler and Residence #201 Home Today
The owner of this property rents it out on their own while they are not in town and did about $150k in gross revenue last year. You have the option to do this, hire the front desk management company, hire an independent management company like ours for much higher net proceeds, or chose not to rent the property out at all.
The choice is yours...you can't go wrong with any of them.
Aloha from Maui,
Jeremy Stice REALTOR (Broker #21286) Maui, Hawaii
Top 100 Realtor recipient in State of Hawaii 2014 & Top 50 in '15
10 Halawai Dr. Suite #A-3 Lahaina 96761
Maui Resort Realty lives in Lahaina, Maui Hawaii
Subscribe to my blog feed here: Subscribe to Maui Resort Realty » Jeremy Stice, R(B) by Email.
Subscribe to CommentsComment