Are you looking forward to celebrating Cinco de Mayo but just don't have enough time to throw a full-blown fiesta? Then I've found the perfect recipe for you! With only four ingredients, you can throw together the perfect Mexican dish - even the kids can follow the simple directions. If you'd like to add more ingredients or toppings, it's incredibly easy to customize! Serve this spicy, cheesy, sinfully delicious casserole with a side of chips and salsa or queso and pair it with a cool, crisp Rosé.
- 1 14 oz jar or can enchilada sauce
- 2 to 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 corn tortillas, 6 inch each
- 2 chicken breasts
- Cut each chicken breast in about 3 pieces so that it cooks faster and put it in a small pot. Pour enchilada sauce over it and cook covered on low to medium heat until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally so that it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Remove chicken from the pot and shred with two forks.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Start layering the casserole. Start with about ¼ cup of the leftover enchilada sauce over the bottom of a baking dish. Place 2 tortillas on the bottom, top with ⅓ of the chicken and ⅓ of the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with ⅓ of the cheese and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes uncovered, until bubbly and cheese has melted and started to brown on top.
- Serve warm.
Originally posted at: Lafayette Real Estate News