5 Low Down Payment Home Loans
Minneapolis, Minnesota: Face it, for most people, the biggest obstacle to buying a home is a lack of down payment. Here are 5 low down payment home loan options to help you get into your own home.
Zero Down Payment
- VA Loans: Available for U.S. Military personal, both current and former is a no down payment loan with no mortgage insurance. By far the most amazing home loan available. Get VA Loan information
- USDA Rural Development Loans: Available for those wishing to buy in rural areas. This program is no down payment required. Income limits apply. Get USDA loan information.
Low Down Payment
- Conventional 3% down. This low down payment loan for first time home buyers just recently came back into the market from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Good credit or better required, and must take first time home buyer education classes. Get 3% down HomeReady loan information
- FHA Loans: This program only requires 3.50% down payment, and is probably the most popular loan. Very flexible underwriting guidelines compared to other programs for everything from weak credit, to higher debt-to-income ratios, and shorter waiting periods than other loans for past bankruptcy and foreclosure. Get more FHA LOAN information
- Down payment assistance programs: Combine one of the standard loans with a down payment assistance program to ease your out-of-pocket expenses to get into a home. Most of these programs are loans that need to be paid back, require you to be a first time home buyer, and to take home buyer education classes. Program vary greatly by city, county, state, or community programs. Talk to a Loan Officer in your area for local program information. Learn more about down payment assistance programs in MN.
Joe Metzler is a Senior Mortgage Loan Officer for Minnesota based Mortgages Unlimited.
He was named the 2014 Minnesota Loan Officer of the Year, and Top 150 Loan Officers in the Nation for 2010, Top 100 for 2015, and Top 300 in 2016 by Origination News.
He provides Home Mortgage Loans in MN, WI, and SD. He can be reached at (651) 552-3681