Getting the home ready to sell nets you thousands.
With the market heating up and people looking to sell, as well as I am partaking on a huge home improvement project of my own. I thought that I should cover a few details on getting your home ready to sell.
1. Declutter – You’re going to be moving anyway, why not get the jump on things. Do you have items on the counter, in the garage, on the front porch, on the back porch, on the stairs? Start with the little stuff, mail on the counter, shoes on the porch, unwanted potted plants on the back patio. Then go room by room getting rid of and or boxing items up that are not being used every day.
2. De-Personalize – We all love our family portraits but with it comes to selling a house we want the buyers to see the house, not the people who currently live in the home. Take down as many family photos as possible. If you can rearrange other art pieces and furniture to fill the voids that can help.
3. Clean – Get out the mop, duster and vacuum, you want the house to be spotless. Clean the blinds, under the fridge, vacuum under and behind couches. Why do you want to clean so thoroughly? Buyers who are walking through your home are looking to pick it apart. Dirty blinds, dust bunnies under furniture can sometimes be caught by nosey buyers.
4. Landscaping – Spending a little time and money can go a long way. Trim the trees, bushes and hedges, edge the lawns, fertilize the lawn (properly), clear weeds from cracks in cement areas and add bark in flower beds if needed. When a buyer pulls up to your home and it’s the best looking in the neighborhood, they will see the pride in ownership and immediately begin to connect with you and your home.
5. Hide the pets – Pets are family, but many times buyer’s can have allergies and or instantly be looking for pet damage if they suspect that there are pets in the home. Concerns about pets will come up later but getting an offer is your first goal.
6. Staging – If you have too much furniture or not enough, bring in a professional stager. It’s well worth the cost.
7. Hire Us! – Hiring a professional Realtor that will go over these topics as well as others will net you more money in your pocket, every time!
Need Real Estate Help or know someone who does? Call the team that goes the extra mile!
Text us diurectly - 916-292-6011
Email Us - Team@Cooperrlty.com