We've been dying to fire up the grill, and now that it's finally warmed up I've been searching for and trying out new summer recipes. This recipe for beer and honey BBQ chicken skewers was one of the first that I tried out, and it's been one of my favorites so far! They're incredibly delicious and perfect for a weekend or even a busy week night. Just prepare the night before, let marinate overnight and grill when ready.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup beer
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- cilantro for garnish
- Cut chicken in small pieces, about 1½ inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl whisk all the ingredients together. Add chicken; there should be enough marinade to cover the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge. Let it marinate for at least 2 hours to 24 hours.
- Fire up the grill.
- Thread chicken on skewers, about 5 pieces per skewer. Do not throw away the leftover marinade.
- Place chicken skewers on grill and turn every couple minutes or so, at the same time brushing some of the leftover marinade over the chicken. Grill until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Originally posted at: Lafayette Real Estate News