Recycle your old Refrigerator and make money too!
I can't tell you how many homes I have shown where they have this junker refrigerator hanging out in the laundry room or garage! If the refrigerator is over 10 years old it is pretty much useless to the new owner & you should dispose of it & get some money to boot.
How about recycling that second, old refrigerator and receive $50! It could also help you save up to $150 a year in electricity. Make your appointment today.
You can also call 855-433-2700 between 7am-8pm M-F and 9am-5pm Saturday. (It's easier to just schedule online - that's what I've done & it's more convenient).
Let ComEd recycle your old, working fridge in an environmentally responsible way. We will haul away that old energy hog for FREE and give you $50. We’ll take working freezer and room air conditioners too.
Old fridges and freezers can consume as much as five times more energy than newer models. Let ComEd pick up these old, working appliances and you can begin reducing your energy use and lowering your electricity bill.
- FREE pick-up.
- $50 for each working refrigerator and freezer. (limit 2)
- Responsible disposal-dismantling and recycling parts in an environmentally conscious way.
- FREE pick-up and additional $10 for working room air conditioner when you schedule a refrigerator or freezer pick-up.
Details & Specifics -
- Offer is available to ComEd residential customers only.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size, empty and working at the time of pick-up, and accessible with a clear and safe path for removal.
- The removal team will not risk injury, remove personal effects or modify your home (e.g. remove doors or railings) to remove the unit(s).