The best 8 ways to beat MOSQUITOS!
1. Plant a garden. There are several plants that are known to be mosquito repellants including lemongrass, lavender, and marigolds.
2. Grow your own herbs. One of the best is something you might want to grow for other, tastier, reasons as well. Basil is also a great way to repell them.
3. Make your kitty cat happy. "Some studies report that catnip is 10 times more repellent to mosquitos than sprays, so this plant is a big win for gardeners," said POPSUGAR. "Bonus: if you've got a cat, they'll get plenty of entertainment from any catnip you plant!" And, it's pretty to boot!
5. Make yourself smell delicious. Dabbing vanilla extract on your pulse points has been said to help repel mosquitoes. Beware the urge to bake cookies later!
6. Recycle your coffee grounds. Turns out, they make a great mosquito repellant. "That's right, old dried up coffee grounds work as an effective repellent for mosquitoes, according to the EPA," said Simple Organic Life. "Mosquitoes and other insects hate the way used coffee grounds smell. Get directions on how to put this eco-friendly tip to usehere.
7. Raid your spice drawer. "Another repellent considered in the above study with citronella was turmeric," said Daily Health Post. "According to this study...turmeric oil alone showed outstanding efficacy among the test repellents. In fact, turmeric oil provided protection for at least eight hours, whereas DEET gave only six hours for this species."
8. Or raid your baby's room. "Creamy baby oil can repel mosquitos and won't smell horrible," said Buzzfeed.
I hope you stay BITE free this summer!
Thank you to Jaymi Naciri for content