MARKET STATS: The latest Long & Foster Market Minute report shows 31 properties sold during April, up from 24 in March. The median sale price was $1,100,000, up 22% over March. For the full Market Minute report, click here:
THERE’S STILL TIME! If you’d like to purchase your very own shore home and enjoy it for the rest of the summer, there’s still time to do just that! Please call or email me to begin your search for the perfect vacation home today!
For the latest L&F Market Minute report, click above.
SAVE A TRIP TO COMCAST IN RIO GRANDE by visiting their temporary customer service trailer in Avalon! The trailer has arrived in the parking lot adjacent to Avalon Community Hall, and will be open about May 20th, through June 18th, Monday through Saturday, from 9am to 7pm. This is a one-time opportunity to take advantage of the Comcast trailer and save a round trip to Comcast’s new, permanent location in Rio Grande!
AVALON’S 8th STREET TENNIS COURTS will soon be resurfaced and repaired. The courts will be powerwashed, prepared, resurfaced, and painted in a U.S. Open blue & green color scheme. When work begins, the courts will close for about a week when a favorable weather window arrives, but no work will occur during the Memorial Day weekend. When the 8th Street courts are not available, those with reservations will be accommodated at the 39th Street courts.
THE OTHER JERSEY SHORE: A National Geographic Wild episode titled “The Other Jersey Shore” and featuring Delaware Bay and horseshoe crabs will air Friday, May 20th at 10:30pm Eastern on Comcast channel 108. The Wetlands Institute’s Horseshoe Crab Conservation Program is featured in the episode. Click here to watch the trailer: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/wild/united-states-of-animals/episodes/the-other-jersey-shore/
SEVEN MILE RESTAURANT WEEK returns June 6th-12th. The annual favorite will feature dining specials from dozens of local restaurants. Stay tuned for more details!
“CLICK IT OR TICKET!” Not only is wearing a seatbelt a good idea, it may save you a ticket in Avalon or Stone Harbor during the Seatbelt Mobilization campaign which will take place from May 23rd to June 5th. Avalon, Stone Harbor, and many other towns will participate in the campaign, which seeks to raise the seatbelt usage rate in New Jersey from its current level of 91.36%.
JUST OVER A WEEK TO MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND! Let the summer season begin!
- Creative Writing seminar with tips on stories, poems, etc, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM,Saturday, May 21
- Wetlands Institute Native Plant Sale, plant & garden naturalists will be on hand to answer questions regarding the offered species, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday & Sunday, May 21 & 22
- Spring Shorebird & Horseshoe Crab Festival, interactive activities for all ages, Wetlands Institute, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday &Sunday, May 21 & 22
- Avalon Garden Club Fashion Show & Luncheon, Avalon Yacht Club, Noon, Wednesday, May 25
- Stone Harbor’s Beach Crossover Deck & Pergola Dedication, 95th Street beach, Noon, Wednesday, May 25
- Stone Harbor Beach Opening Ceremony, 95th Street Beach, 9:30 AM, Friday, May 27
- Cape Regional Auxiliary Antique Show, Avalon Community Hall, antique show from Noon-4PM on Friday, May 27, preview gala at 6PM on Friday, May 27, & antique show from 9AM-4PM on Saturday, May 28
- Annual Turtle Trot 5K Run & 2 Mile Fun Walk, 95th & First Avenue, 6:45AM registration, 8AM race start, 8:05AM walk start,Sunday, May 29
- Stone Harbor Farmer’s Market, Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, May 29
- Matthew Mullin Memorial Beach 5K Run & 1 Mile Fun Walk, all proceeds benefit Friends in Need organization, 30th Street & the Beach, 8:30AM, Sunday, May 29
- Avalon Memorial Day Parade, starts at 32nd Street & Dune down Dune Drive to Veteran’s Plaza for a ceremony, parade starts at 9AM, ceremony to follow, Monday, May 30
- Stone Harbor Memorial Day Parade, starts at bridge, down 96th Street to the Women’s Civic Club on the 96th Street beach for a service, parade starts at Noon, service to follow, Monday, May 30
- American Legion Post #331 Open House, 117th Street & Second Avenue, 1-4PM, Monday, May 30
- Aviation Museum Runway 5K Run/Fun Walk & Bike, Cape May County Airport, bike preview 8:10-8:40AM, race starts at 9AM,Saturday, June 4
- Avalon Garden Club Flower Show, Avalon Community Hall, Noon, Saturday, June 4
- Stone Harbor Garden Club House Tour, 12:30-4PM, Saturday, June 4
- Avalon Performing Arts Council ‘Lights Out Tribute to Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons,’ Avalon Community Hall, 6:30PMdoors open, 7PM show starts, Saturday, June 4
- 7 Mile Island Restaurant Week, nearly 40 local establishments offering breakfast, lunch & dinner specials, Monday, June 6-Sunday, June 12
- Basketball ‘Triple Threat’ skills & games for boys & girls ages 8-14, Stone Harbor’s 82nd Street Recreation Center, check www.shoreshot.net for details, Friday nights beginning Friday, June 10
- Avalon Performing Arts Council 29th Annual Art Show & Sale, opening night & preview from 7-9PM on Friday, June 17, show & sale from 10AM-4PM on Saturday, June 18
This one-bedroom Avalon condo is just steps from the beach!
177 80th Street, Avalon, $349,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169777
3283 Dune Drive, Avalon, $249,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170272
107 30th Street, Avalon, $459,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170279
2137 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $649,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170223
1708 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $715,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170243
1629 Dune Dr, Avalon, $1,099,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170271
1558 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,350,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170259
235 118 Street, Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170203
7688 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,649,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170236
249 88th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,795,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170238
11610 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,895,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170233
7179 Dune Drive, Avalon, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170273
8600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,450,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170208
33 W 12th Street, Avalon, $2,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170253
99 W 23rd Street, Avalon, $2,500,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170267
65 E 15th Street, Avalon, $3,095,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170214
203 118th Street, Stone Harbor, $4,795,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170270
10020 Sunrise Drive, Stone Harbor, $360,000, SOLD MLS#: 166281
1688 Ocean Drive, A-3, Avalon, $667,500, SOLD MLS#: 167341
308 79th Street, Avalon, $800,000, SOLD MLS#: 168927
261 45th Street, Avalon, $1,569,000, SOLD MLS#: 168273
6660 S Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,600,000, SOLD MLS#: 168272
106 121 Street, Stone Harbor, $2,566,100, SOLD MLS#: 167926
174 86th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,895,000, SOLD MLS#: 168048