5 tactics for effective prospect follow-up
How we get prospects has changed, but how we follow up has not. It’s easier to close someone you know, a “prospect,” than a stranger, a “lead.” You turn leads into prospects by following up. Here’s how.
- Sort Your Contacts. Some people need you now, some will in the future, others won’t use you at all. Focus on those who need your help in the next 30-60 days, then on those who’ll need you in the future. When that time comes, you want to be there.
- Respond Quickly. As soon as someone’s made contact or you’ve been given a referral, call, text or email them, ideally, within the next five minutes. Get them the info they need.
- Treat Every Call, Email Or Text Like A Service Call. Your goal is always to gather the information you need to provide a solution or a plan. On every contact, ask, “How can I help you?” Then listen.
- Keep Following Up. In most instances, you’ll need to follow up many times before a person will hire you.
- Make An Extra Effort. Go a step beyond what prospects expect. Send a personal note thanking them for their time and inviting them to contact you whenever they have a need you could fulfill.
Here’s to successful follow-ups, as you keep putting together your best year ever.... Enjoy a great month!