The Auditorium Building located at the NW corner of Michigan and Congress was designed by Adler & Sullivan and completed in 1889. The building was a mixed use building that had offices, a hotel, and a 4,300 seat auditorium. The tower was at the time the tallest building in Chicago.
The theatre was the original home of the Chicago Civic Opera and the Chicago Symphony. During the depression the building was closed and in 1941 Roosevelt University purchased the building for $1.00
The Auditorium has had several renovations and was reopened in 1968 and has been used by the Joffrey Ballet, Grateful Dead Concerts, and was used for the 2016 NFL Draft.