TOP TEN REASONS TO LIKE PLANO TEXAS
- Plano population; for year 2012; was reported as 272,068; 65th largest City in America.
- Credit rating: AAA
- Violent crime per 100,000: 131 (2nd lowest)
- As of April 2013 Unemployment rate: 5.5% 12 lowest in the Nation
My 10 Reasons I Love Plano Texas are Listed Below
- In 2005, 2006, and 2011, Plano was designated the best place to live in the Western United States by CNNMoney magazine.
In 2013, Plano was designated the best place to live in United State:
In October 2010, Forbes magazine named Plano the safest city to live in America with a population greater than 250,000.
Plano safest city with lowest crime rate city in America
- In 2013, there were just 131 violent crimes per 100,000 residents, (2nd lowest).
The United States Census Bureau declared Plano the wealthiest city of 2008 by comparing the median household income for all U.S. cities whose populations were greater than 250,000.
Plano, TX has been rated as the wealthiest city in the United States by CNN Money.
Among places with 250,000 or more residents, Plano, Texas, boasts the highest median income: $77,038. San Jose came in second at $73,804 and San Francisco was third with $65,497. CNNMoney, August 31 2007.
- Plano’s housing market also remained strong, with just one out of every 255 homes in foreclosure in 2012, better than the vast majority of large cities.
- Median Sales Prices:$272,013 (+11.0%)
- Average Prices: $334,686 (+21.0%)
- Days on the Market (DOM): 44 (+0%)
- Inventory for Sale: 330 (-21.2%)
- Developed 99%, less than 1% left
- Plano Texas is the third best run city in America (January 3 , 2014)
- More than half of Plano’s adult population had at least a bachelor’s degree in 2012, one of the best rates in the nation.
High Schools Ranking in USA
- In Newsweek's 2012 list of best national high schools, Plano West was ranked as 63rd, Plano Senior as 108th, and Plano East as 243rd.
- Plano is the home to three major hospitals, one of them, Baylor Hospital Heart Place, is the newest with more advanced heart facility in the Dallas fort Worth Mertoplex.
Plano has many shops, Malls, restaurants and bars. The Shops at Legacy is one of a kind urban retail European style which incorporates many of the principles of "new urbanism," including:
- Loose knit, pedestrian-oriented traffic
- A blend, within individual buildings, of apartment homes, shops, hotels and offices
- Park space with water features and landscaping
Plano Balloon Festival (2nd in the Nation)
- Plano, Texas: Home to Major Companies Headquarters and Offices
- Alliance Data, Cinemark Theatres, Dell Services, Ericsson, HP Enterprise Services, Huawei, Pizza Hut, Rent-A-Center,Traxxas, Siemens PLM Software, and many more...) Among these major Head Quarters are: (JCPenney, Frito-Lay, Dr Pepper, New Hampshire Furniture, Toyota, Liberty Mutual,