Moving can be exciting. But it is also often very stressful for our clients. Here are some simple tips to lighten the load as they say goodbye to their old home and hello to the new abode. Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Pack a first-night box (toiletries, PJs, coffee for your first morning)
- Make a packing supplies basket and include colored labels for the boxes
- Clean and defrost your refrigerator at least a day before moving
- Photograph all valuable items for insurance in case of breakage or theft
- Use masking tape to place a large X on mirrors and glass picture frames
- Put hanging clothes in garbage bags, protecting your delicate items with separate dry cleaning bags
- Double box and/or bubble wrap your valuables
- Use wine cases for glassware
- Use rolling luggage for heavy items
- Use hard-shell suitcases for fragile items
- Leave lightweight items in drawers
- Take a photo of how your electronics are connected.
- If cables and connectors are not easily identified fold a label over the end of each to identify the connection
- Pack a play box for the kids (or for you) with items that are FUN. Put it with your first-night box and at the end of your moving day open, enjoy and RELAX
If you have any great moving tips please share them in your posts here. Even one good idea can make a BIG difference in someone's move!