Photo Taken From Google Images
Many homeowners spent a lot of money and time remodeling or staging their homes for sale. Even though staging and remodeling will increase the attractiveness of your property, they can get very pricey. It is important to maintain your properties to attract buyers, but it doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to do it. It is important to keep these costs low so that it doesn’t affect your profit from the sale.
Improving your property not only will attract more buyers, but it will also increase the value of your property. The following are tips how you can improve your properties without spending a fortune.
1. Doors are very inexpensive to replace but they add a fresh look to your property. The average door costs between $80-$100 in the local hardware store.
2. : A new door handle costs about $8.00 and is well worth it. Leaving the old door handles on with drops of paint is not very attractive. Replace the door handles on doors and cabinet doors. The cabinet door handle prices start from $0.50 but they can add a clean and fresh look to the kitchen and bathrooms.
3. If the front door of the property is old and torn out, replace it with a new door. The front door is the first thing a potential buyers see before they enter the property. Increasing the attractiveness and curb appeal of your property will draw more attention to prospective buyers. :
4. : Again, increasing the curb appeal is important in drawing potential buyers' attention.
5. Although it might seem that having the cabinets cleaned is less expensive than having them painted, making the kitchen and bathrooms more attractive will increase the value of your property.
Also, consider replacing the hardware in the kitchen and bathrooms. A typical average faucet costs about $45.00 in Home Depot or similar store. Sometimes, the hardware stores even have clearance items on sale that you can purchase with 50% or more off.
6. Some homeowners will leave the old and ugly electrical plates on for years. As if this is not bad, some homeowners even paint over the old electrical plates. The cost of a new plate is about $0.30 to $0.50 each, but it will certainly make your home more attractive than having old plates with paint residues on them.
: Most buyers prefer to buy a home which is ready to move in. Providing them with new shutters or window coverings will definitely be a plus and will increase the value of your home. Having old, dirty and discolored shutters or window treatments will make your home look unattractive. You need not forget that the potential buyers are also people and they wouldn’t want to live in a home that has old, dusty, greasy, and broken shutters. With a little bit extra investment, you can create your property very attractive by adding new window shutters.
8. Sometimes homeowners do not paint the entire property because it has been well maintained. If this is the case, consider painting the trims with white semi-gloss paint. This draws attention and adds style to the interior of your home. Most importantly, it doesn’t cost too much to complete this task as it doesn’t take a lot of paint just to paint the trims.
9. If your property has landscape, maintain it well. Plant a few flowers around the entrances of the property. Flowers can be purchased at a gardening store or Home Depot for as little as $2.00 a piece. Some 99c stores also carry flowers and plants.
10. Keep your property clean inside AND out. Perception is the key to success. It matters not how expensive the interior fittings of your property are, if they are not clean, they are not seen.
The bottom line is that the more attractive your property is, the more attention you will get from potential buyers. The more buyers you attract, the more offers you will receive. When negotiating a multiple offer situation, you will end up with selling your property to the highest bidder; henceforth, increasing the value of your home. Many sellers rely on their real estate professionals to make decisions for them. Some real estate professionals might not have the expertise to improve the your property value with limited budget. We, at KEAP Real Estate, have an expert on staff who can advise you on how you can make your property attractive without costing you a fortune.
I hope that these tips were of assistance to you and if there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me for your FREE consultation by clicking here.